I love being creative in the kitchen especially when it comes to making omelette. I seriously can write a whole cook book on making exciting omelets! This recipe is hearty, spicy and slightly sweet–perfect for the crisp, autumn weather.
- 2 eggs
- 3 slices pastrami deli meat
- 1/4 sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon mango chutney (I used Crosse & Blackwell’s Major Grey’s Chutney)
- a sprinkle of cheese (I used Muenster)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, save some for garnish
Sauté sliced onions on medium-low heat for ten minutes until onions are soft and transparent. Add two tablespoons of mango chutney and saute for five more minutes. Meanwhile, whisk eggs, cilantro and spices in a bowl until well blended. Fry the egg mixture in a separate frying pan on a medium heat. While the omelet cooks, lift the edge to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath. When most of the egg is cooked, sprinkle the cheese over the top. Allow the cheese to melt slightly, then add the pastrami and the sautéed mango-infused onions. Fold the omelet and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!