Anika Shah came across interior design as not only a passion but a goal. Her goal is to utilize her creativity and knowledge to create stunning spaces. Her creativity, artistry and keen eye for space planning has brought joy to her countless clients. Her services include in-home consultation and personalized artistic design boards that enable the client to envision the proposed look and feel of the new space. Unique spaces she has recently designed include both residential spaces from kitchens to bedrooms and nurseries as well as commercial spaces including a religious center, doctors offices, and a coffee shop. Connect with Anika to get your space styled!
About the design process:
Styling your home or office is something I would love to delve into. My design services include an on-site consultation, custom-created design e-boards and advice on paint colors, fabrics, furniture, accessories, window treatments, and lighting.
This is much more than a meet and greet. During this meeting, we will discuss the scope of your project, your goals and your budget. I’ll ask you several questions about your preferences and lifestyle. Here’s what we might cover during the consultation:
- Walk-through of your home/space
- Detailed discussion of design ideas, lifestyle, taste and options
- Budget planning
- Color, material, and furniture analysis
- Possibly determine furniture layouts, suggest drapery treatments, provide guidance on additional lighting required, make suggestions regarding furniture styles
- measure room for purposes of producing e-design boards
- give advice on re-purposing existing furniture and belongings
- rearrange furniture to improve flow and layout
- construction possibilities & options
*Non-refundable consultation fee
After the visit of your space, whether it’s full-service interior design or concept development only, we want to make this process as convenient and stress-free as possible for you!
- personalized in-home or off-site design services
- E-design board illustrating the look & feel of the new space
- product purchase list
- furniture layout using existing &/or new items
- art and accessories
- suggestion of materials, finishes and paint colors
- coordinate deliveries of goods and installation
- access to our team of qualified professional contractors, specialty trades, engineers, architects, installers and custom workrooms
*Design boards are a flat-fee. Any additional work a designer fee will be added on.
About my clients:
My clients range from living in the DC, Maryland and Virginia region to all over the U.S. Surprisingly, my very first client was based in New York. I take into consideration my clients’ lifestyle when creating their design space and I am definitely blessed by their love:
“Amazing team to work with. Whether you wish to be hands off or totally involved, your ideas and personal taste is not pushed aside for pure aesthetics. Instead your space will be transformed into a beautifully decorated room”. –K. Abbas
“She listened to what our needs are…Our space has become the office that the property management company requests tours of for prospective tenants!” –M. Reza
“They designed an environment that was beyond my expectations…were very flexible with my schedule. I would highly recommend them you won’t regret it.” –S. Alam
“Before my place was dark and dreary and I hated coming home, now we receive countless, literally countless compliments on our living, dining and kitchen spaces and it all comes down to the decision I made to hire them” –S. Khan
“I enlisted Shahs of Style to help me decorate my office. They worked with me to fully understand my requirements and diligently…I was able to visualize the final product and tailor items to help finalize the layout. I was extremely impressed and thoroughly satisfied with the final product. We love the office and everyone loves coming into work. Thanks Shahs of Style!” –A. Sal